Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Girl Scouts: Just floating an idea before bringing it up to the girls--please reply ASAP!

Hi everyone,

I was just browsing the Girl Scout website, and came across something interesting.

Background:  The girls had really wanted to do a Museum or Discovery World sleepover event this year, BUT unfortunately, the Museum was restricted to ages 12 and under, and until now, Discovery World Sleepovers were restricted to Girl Scouts in 5th grade and below.

However, I see that Discovery World opened up an option that runs from 2nd-8th grade "Crazy for Chemistry" sleepover.  

It runs from 6:00PM Feb. 7th - 7:00AM Feb 8th. and costs $45/Scout .  Because I'd need to get it rolling pretty quickly, I figured I'd check with you all first to see if enough girls were available to make it worth even bringing this up as an option to the girls at the meeting on Wednesday.  (It would be heartbreaking to get them all excited about the trip, but then turn out to have most girls not be able to go...)

If it turns out that there's a decent amount of girls available to go, then I'll bring it up and see if that's still something they want to do.

So, would there be girls available to do the "Crazy About Chemistry" Discovery World Sleepover Event on 2/7-2/8?
Furthermore, would there be any parents that would be able to join in as chaperones?

Thanks for letting me know quickly, sorry it's rushed--I just discovered it!

Aleks

No comments:

Post a Comment